Since the age of 12 I knew that I wanted to practice personal injury law and help those who have been injured by others. Much of my practice is devoted to representing individuals who have been hurt or injured through no fault of their own by reckless drivers, negligent companies, substandard medical practices, and careless landowners.
I understand well what it is like to work in construction and other dangerous occupations, having been a construction worker myself during my college years. In the past four decades I have been privileged to represent many clients and their families injured as the result of companies putting profits ahead of worker safety.
The trust that client’s place in me and this firm is gratifying. I am proud to have been able to make a significant difference in the lives of many clients when help was most needed.
If I can be of service to you, please call me at your convenience.
For more than 44 years Louisville attorney Bixler Howland has represented clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases involving nearly every type of accident and injury, including car, semi-truck, motorcycle, and other vehicle accidents, bicycle accidents, industrial injuries, construction accidents, product liability, medical malpractice, and slips, trips, and falls also including lecturing on bad faith litigation. He has received many awards and recognition for his legal achievements, including being named to “Superlawyers.” He is dedicated to the community, and has served as a board or council member for numerous philanthropic, educational, sports, religious, and neighborhood organizations. In addition to his personal injury practice, Mr. Howland has also been an Adjunct Professor of Business Law at Hanover College, and an Adjunct Instructor of Medical Law and Ethics at Spencerian College.
Education & Court Admissions
Hanover College, Hanover, Indiana
Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Interfraternity Award
Honors: Committee of Twenty-Six
Honors: Fraternity Vice-President
Honors: Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
- Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, 1975 J.D.Honors: Dean’s List
Honors: Moot Court Mentor
- Honors: Fraternity PresidentHonors: Varsity Football Letterman
Honors: Varsity Wrestling Letterman
Honors: Alumni Senior Award
- Kentucky, 1976
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1980
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1986
- Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana Bar Association
- Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Association of Attorney-Mediators